Friday, September 19, 2014

La Nourriture

*Warning: Do not read this post if you are hungry. Reading may result in extreme hunger, overindulgence, or feelings of sadness that you are not eating French food.

I think it goes without saying that the food here is awesome. And with bakeries and cafés on every corner, there is certainly no shortage of it. It’s a good thing I have to walk so much, or I would come home enormous! I can’t quite put into words everything I have gotten to taste in just the past 2 weeks. So, since a picture is worth a thousand words, I have taken pictures of all of the delicious things I’ve been eating. Sorry some of them already have bites out of them in the picture… It all looks too delicious, and by the time I remember I’m supposed to be taking pictures, I’ve started eating!

My first crepe of the trip!

This was some sort of sweet made from almonds. I don't know what it was called, but it was delicious!

My first steak-frites! They actually put the fries inside!




Croque monsieur! My favorite.

Tartes au citron are the best.

I got a scoop of Kinder gelato and a scoop of Calisson!


The baker called this bruschetta, but it didn't have any tomatoes... All the better for me!

Other things I have loved, but are not pictured: duck with sweet figs (a new favorite, and the figs were from the tree in my backyard here!), tajine, and of course, lots of bread! It's awesome being able to buy a croissant or baguette whenever I want, and for less then a euro! Overall, a delicious two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment