Sunday, November 9, 2014

Mes Vacances, Partie 3: Le Retour

And last but not least, part 3 of the vacation adventures! Friday morning, Atticus and I took a train back to Paris to spend our last weekend there. The Louvre is free for everyone under 26 on Friday evenings (woo, free stuff!), so we headed over there. We soon realized we were out of our depths and that the museum is completely massive. They aren't kidding when they say you would need years to see everything. We decided just to see some of the major attractions, and even that was quite the task. We walked a ton and got lost at least twice. I also made Atticus watch The DaVinci Code with me that night because I was thinking about it the whole time we were in the museum.


 Winged Victory

 The grand gallery

 The Mona Lisa!

Code of Hammurabi

Saturday morning we got up early and took the train out of the city to spend the day at Versailles. The weather was beautiful, so it was great! The palace itself was pretty cool, but I have to say, I think the gardens are more impressive. I'm still stunned anyone would ever need this much land. It would take you half the day just to walk from one end to the other!



 That's some fancy napkin folding


 We had to take a selfie! Sorry world...



As Saturday was our last evening, we decided to wander out and find a nice place to have dinner. After wandering around aimlessly for a while, we happened to come across this great place called Le Balto. If you ever go to Paris, I highly recommend it! Our server was quite a character and gave us great suggestions. After a yummy starter salad with duck on top, Atticus had steak tartare and I had the best steak I have ever eaten in my life. It was so delicious. We finished of the meal with Nutella tiramisu which was also to die for. Everything tastes better with Nutella!

Sadly, the vacation had to come to an end, and we both flew home early Sunday morning. It was a great week and lovely, relaxing vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment